Greyhound tips for Sunday 10th June 2018

Originally published at: https://australianracinggreyhound.com/australian-greyhound-racing/greyhound-betting-australian-greyhound-racing/greyhound-racing-tips/greyhound-tips-for-sunday-10th-june-2018/93198/

Healesville Race 7 Box 1 Bright New Shine Bright New Shine has the imposing record of seven wins and two seconds from nine starts and all the last three wins have been here at Healesville. Up against a good field here with Xai Man, Avatar Minty and Magic Moon Dust capable of taking the race…

OK, quite a lot of the tips are ‘short’ in terms of price, but I have noticed the bookies sometimes do offer what might be considered a generous price about some of the really good quality bets. That’s the time to get on, even at the skinny prices because most, not all, seem to get the cash. Enjoying the service.

Kevin, your comments highlight the amount of total control the modern bookmakers have over the greyhound betting industry.
I am reminded of this every day watching the dogs on SKY TV.
In years past the big punters would go to a meeting to specifically back only one or two dogs at the meeting. They would watch the dogs very closely in the parade area before deciding to put the money on or not. If the dog didn’t look right they would not bet.
My point is on SKY TV you never get to see the dogs parading before the race they are always covered by a full screen betting board, not so the horses only half screen or none at all. Sky are very aware of every aspect of what they do but not all of us are fooled.
I believe the parading greyhound is all part of the punting dynamic, it’s against the public interest not to show it.